- Born 1977 in Germany.
- Undergraduate studies at the Dresden Academy of Fine Arts, Germany.
- Guest student at the Suricov Art Academy at Moscow (2002-2003).
- From 2004 to 2010 Ulrich studied at the Repin Academy of Fine Arts, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
He studied in the studio of Professor Vladimir S. Pesikov, Vice Rector of the Repin Academy.
- 2015: Southwestart Magazine. Show Preview Article "Under the Same Sun" at Gallery 1261.
- 2015: Gallery 1261, Denver, CO, Exhibition Catalog.
- 2015: Southwest Art Magazine. Show Preview Article for the 2015 Coors Art Exhibit.
- 2014: Press of the Russian Academy of Art. Selected Works of the Studio of V.S. Pesikov.
- 2014: "The Golden State gets a Taste of (Russian) Realism". Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine (Sept/Nov), Group Show Review.
- 2014: Monterey Herald, CA. Article about the PleinAirConvention. See clippings here and here.
- 2013: Feature in SouthwestArt, WinterScenes.
- 2013: FineArtConnoisseur/Newsletter FineArtToday. "Group Exhibition", Gallery 1261, CO.
- 2013: FineArtConnoisseur/Newsletter FineArtToday. "New Works, New Voices", Personal Show at Gallery 1261, CO.
- 2012: Article in Southwest Art Magazine.
- 2011: Artist's Profile in the PleinAir Magazine Newsletter, 11/2011.
- Southwest Art Magazine Award at the Colorado Plein Air Festival 2013, Denver, CO.
- Russian Academy of Art: Certificate of Commendation for works at group exhibition "Shkola", at the Museum of Modern Art, Moscow, 2013
- Award of Excellence by FineArtConnoisseur/PleinAirMagazine at the Plein Air Rockies 2011, Estes Park, CO.
- SouthWest Art Award - the Best of Show at the Plein Air Rockies 2010, Estes Park, CO.
- 1st Place - Quick-Draw Portait Competition at the Plein Air Rockies 2010, Estes Park, CO.
- 'Award of Excellence' - the 'Best of Show' at the Wyoming Plein Air 2010, Cheyenne, WY.
- 2nd place in the Quick-Draw Portrait Competition, at the Wyoming Plein Air 2010, Cheyenne, WY.
- 'Frank Bette Award' - the `Best of Show` at the Alameda Paintout 2010, San Francisco, CA.
- Russian Academy of Art: Certificate of Commendation, Landscape Painting Moscow, February 2010.